bedroom kids chores by age
Getting kids to help with bedroom cleaning isn't easy, especially in the beginning.
Besides, how much help can you realistically expect from a child? The answer depends on the child's age.
Below I've listed examples of bedroom kids chores that kids can generally do by certain ages.
chores for ages 2 and under:
- Put toys in bins or drawers.
- Put dirty clothes in hamper if the top is low enough.
ages 3 to 5:
- Take clean, folded clothes to his or her room.
- Wash or spot-clean baseboards.
ages 6 to 9:
- Shake area rugs, depending on size.
- Vacuum, with help depending on the machine's height and weight.
- Empty and wipe wastebaskets clean, using disinfecting wipes.
- Dust low furniture and shelves.
- Wipe smudges from walls and doors.
ages 10 to 13:
- Disinfect light switches and doorknobs.
ages 14 to 17:
- Dust and vacuum corners and crevices from high point to low.
Check out the Clean Organized Home Store for the cleaning and organizing tools and products you need for a simpler home.
More in Cleaning
About the Author
Tara Aronson is a native Californian. Having grown up in San Diego, she studied journalism and Spanish to pursue a career in newspaper writing. Tara, whose three children - Chris, Lyndsay, and Payne - are the light of her life, now lives and writes in Los Angeles. She also regularly appears on television news programs throughout the U.S.