christmas card ideas for
decking the halls
'Tis the season of Christmas cards! You love getting them. You love reading them.
But then what do you do with them? Throw them away? Stick them on the fridge?
Remember how our parents proudly posted their cards around every available doorway in their annual who-got-the-most competition with the relatives?
Read on for some updated, innovative Christmas card ideas for display today.
creative ways to display your christmas cards.
- Bulletin board: Cover a bulletin board with a festive Christmas fabric or pretty foil wrapping paper. Use as a backdrop for your favorite cards.
- Under glass: Buy a piece of glass or plastic that fits a large flat surface such as a kitchen table,, desk, or cabinet. Arrange your favorite cards underneath to keep them in place and in sight.
The key to successfully displaying Christmas cards is to keep in mind that less is more.
- Bookcases: Cear everything off one or two shelves and stand the cards there. They also look nice along the tops of kitchen cupboards. (If you have cats, skip this idea. Cats think their mission in life is to knock cards off shelves.)
- Blinds: If you have blinds that you rarely open, the slats make an opportune spot to tuck a few cards.
- Ceilings: In a family room or den, string cards on ribbons and drape them from the ceiling.
- Borders: If you get a lot of cards, use them to form a border around the family room or breakfast nook at chair rail level.
- Beribboned: Fashion cards to ribbons and hang them in streamers down an empty wall.
- Basket case: Place all the cards in a big basket by the sofa where guests or family can thumb through them.
- Photo album: Fill a photo album full of cards and station it by the sofa for convenient perusal.
For a less homespun look, there are all sorts of card holders available online and in stores - from Santas with card-bearing beards to card-studded metallic Christmas trees and (card)board wreaths.
And one last word of caution: Less truly is more here. Pick one idea (two at the most). You don't want your home looking like a Hallmark store.
Visit the Clean Organized Home Store for decorating and organizing products to make your holidays bright!