Tips for cleaning laminate floors
Cleaning laminate floors is about as easy as it gets. These floors require wonderfully little of your cleaning time - one reason they're wildly popular among families.
The key to keeping laminate floors looking shiny and new is to tackle tracked-in grit and dirt on the surface as soon as possible so it isn't ground in to the finish.
A vacuum, a little vinegar, and a soft cloth are all you need to maintain these no-nonsense floors.
how to remove tough spots or stains on laminate floors.
To remove tough spots or stains, buff the blemish on laminate floors with acetone nail polish remover, and then wipe clean with a damp cloth.
Cleaning no-nos for laminate floors include:
- Allowing water or a cleaning solution to stand on the surface;
- Soap-based detergents or mop-and-shine products (they'll leave a dull film on your floor),
- Wax, polish, abrasive cleaners, steel wool, or scouring pads. These will scratch the surface of laminate floors.
to keep laminate floors looking their best:
- Use welcome mats. Grit is this floor's worst enemy.
- Use furniture casters. These floors do scratch.
- Vacuum often. Use the soft brush attachment on the vacuum.
- Skip the extras. Don't polish, wax, or use steel wool or abrasive cleansers on these floors.
- Follow directions. Use products recommended by the manufacturer.
- These floors cannot be polished or refinished. However, they are very easy to replace when the time comes.
Visit the Clean Organized Home Store for the laminate floor cleaning products and tools you need to get started.