laundry chores for kids by age
Age appropriate laundry chores for kids are going to vary a lot - depending mostly on how much laundry your child's done or helped with so far.
If your kids haven't spent much time in the laundry room, you'll need to bring them up to speed.
And you'll probably be as surprised as I was that once kids get over the initial: "I can't do it!" argument, they actually begin to take pride in being able to do their own laundry.
Does it get any better than this?
laundry chores for kids ages 2 and under:
- Put dirty clothes in hamper if the top is low enough.
ages 3 to 5:
- Remove clothes from the dryer.
- Take clean, folded clothes to his or her room.
- Air-tumble throw pillows in dryer.
ages 6 to 9:
- Decide which clothes are dirty and which can be reworn.
- Take hampers to the wash room.
- Fold simple clothes items.
ages 10 to 13:
- Sort, wash, and fold clothes.
ages 14 to 17:
- Clean the dryer exhaust vent.
- Sew on buttons and mend torn clothes. (This could be a heavy-duty chore for extra pay or privileges.)
- Remove dust ruffle from beds to wash or dry-clean.