bedroom kids chores by age
Here's a list of bedroom kids chores they can generally do by age. Once a child reaches a certain skill or age level, he can generally do the chores for his age group and those for the age groups below.
Of course, some of these chores need to be done each day, others once a week, and still others once a month or even less frequently. Use your best judgment for what gets done when.
chores for kids ages 2 and under:
- Put toys in bins or drawers.
- Put dirty clothes in hamper if the top is low enough.
chores for kids ages 3 to 5:
- Take clean, folded clothes to his or her room.
- Wash or spot-clean baseboards.
chores for kids ages 6 to 9:
- Shake area rugs, depending on size.
- Vacuum, with help depending on the machine's height and weight.
- Empty and wipe wastebaskets clean, using disinfecting wipes.
- Dust low furniture and shelves.
- Wipe smudges from walls and doors.
chores for kids ages 10 to 13:
- Disinfect light switches and doorknobs.
chore for kids ages 14 to 17:
- Dust and vacuum corners and crevices from high point to low.