Home Office Cleaning Chores For Kids
This guide to home office cleaning chores for kids by age can help ensure this shared room stays clean.
Once a child reaches a certain skill or age level, he can generally do the household chores for his age group and those for the age groups below.
Of course, some of these household chores need to be done each day, others once a week, and still others once a month or and even less frequent cleaning schedule.
This guide to cleaning chores for kids by age can help get you start a cleaning schedule that works for your family.
Home Office Cleaning Chores for Ages 2 and Under:
- Put toys in bins or drawers
- Help pick up stray books and magazines
Ages 3 to 5:
- Return books to bookshelves
- Put toys and games (and all their pieces) in the proper boxes or bins
- Help prepare papers for recycling
- Wash or spot-clean baseboards
Ages 6 to 9:
- Take out trash and recycling
- Vacuum, with help depending on the machine's height and weight
- Empty and wipe wastebaskets clean, using disinfecting wipes
- Dust furniture and shelves
- Wipe smudges from walls and doors
Ages 10 to 13:
- Clean telephones, computer and TV screens, video game controllers, and remote controls
- Disinfect light switches and doorknobs
Ages 14 to 17:
- Dust and vacuum corners and crevices from high point to low
- Deep-clean carpet and upholstery (Teens can make the call to the carpet cleaner for you.)
- Vacuum floors and carpet and move furniture to clean underneath
You Might Like These
You want household chores to be shared by everyone in the family. But are you sabotaging those beginner efforts instead of encouraging them?
A simple guide to age appropriate daily kids chores that you can reasonably expect your child to help out with.
Car chores for kids are a natural. They do help muck up the family ride, after all. So why shouldn't they help clean it?
Here's a guide to which garage kids chores kids can do to care for and clean up the garage..
How many chores can you reasonably expect kids to help out with at home? Here's a simple guide to monthly chores for kids that makes it easy to know what's enough - and what is too much.
How many chores can you reasonably expect kids to help out with at home? Here's a simple guide to age appropriate kids chores seasonally.
A list of weekly kids chores and the age at which a child can reasonably be expected to complete them.
Which yearly kids chores can you reasonably expect kids to help with? Here's a simple guide to age appropriate annual chores.
Enjoy this page? Please pay it forward. Here's how...
Would you prefer to share this page with others by linking to it?
- Click on the HTML link code below.
- Copy and paste it, adding a note of your own, into your blog, a Web page, forums, a blog comment, your Facebook account, or anywhere that someone would find this page valuable.