Laundry Chores for Kids by Age
Here are the common wash day chores and the ages by which most kids are able to do them. Once a child reaches an individual skill or age level, he can generally do the chores for his age group and those for the age groups below.
If your child has been doing some of the wash with you for a few years now, he may be ready for some of the wash-day tasks above his age level, if safety isn't an issue. This guide to laundry chores for kids by age to help.
Laundry Chores for Kids Ages 2 and Under:
- Put dirty clothes in the hamper if the top is low enough.
Ages 3 To 5:
- Remove clothes from the dryer.
- Take clean, folded clothes to his or her room.
- Air-tumble throw pillows in dryer.
Ages 6 to 9:
- Take hampers to the laundry room on wash day.
- Fold simple clothes items.
Ages 10 to 13:
- Sort, wash, and fold clothes.
Ages 14 to 17:
- Clean the dryer exhaust vent.
- Sew on buttons and mend torn clothes. (This could be a heavy-duty chore for extra pay or privileges.)
- Remove dust ruffle from beds to wash or dry-clean.
You might like these:
Which yearly kids chores can you reasonably expect kids to help with? Here's a simple guide to age appropriate annual chores.
Why not just give up and close the door? Because bedroom cleaning with kids now will teach them the essentials they need to know as they go on in life.
Here's a guide to which living room chores kids can do at what ages. Once a child reaches a certain skill or age level, he can generally do the chores for his group and those for the age groups below.
This patio chores list for kids details age-appropriate chores little ones can help with on the patio or in the backyard.
How many chores can you reasonably expect kids to help out with at home? Here's a simple guide to age appropriate kids chores seasonally.
You want household chores to be shared by everyone in the family. But are you sabotaging those beginner efforts instead of encouraging them?
How many chores can you reasonably expect kids to help out with at home? Here's a simple guide to monthly chores for kids that makes it easy to know what's enough - and what is too much.
Here's a list of which bathroom chores tkids can generally do by which age to keep this busy place clean and sanitary. (They do help muck it up, after all.)
Enjoy this page? Please pay it forward. Here's how...
Would you prefer to share this page with others by linking to it?
- Click on the HTML link code below.
- Copy and paste it, adding a note of your own, into your blog, a Web page, forums, a blog comment, your Facebook account, or anywhere that someone would find this page valuable.