easy bathroom design ideas
When it comes to bathroom design ideas and implementation, less is definitely more.
This tips can help you get rid of the extraneous:
- Control countertop chaos by by corralling personal hygiene items into containers, baskets, or boxes - and place in a drawer or out of sight beneath a cabinet.
- Remember that nothing makes a space seem smaller than having items spilling from every surface. With that in mind, be ruthless with clutter you find.
- Remove that little throw rug on the bathroom floor to give an illusion of more space.
easy ways to jazz up a boring bathroom:
Great! Now that you've removed the extraneous, here are a few bathroom design ideas to build a bathroom that is both functional and beautiful:
- Bringing in a wooden chest or a few stacking wicker or rattan boxes to add character as well as storage space.
- Add a folding screen between the sink and toilet to add a bit of style along with privacy.
- Add a wall mirror, or repaint the walls in bright, cheery colors to give a windowless bathroom an airier, more spacious feel.
You may also want to consider installing new handles and knobs in a bright color, silver, or in white matte. It's a great way to add flair without taking up any additional spacespace.
Finally, if you have exposed pipes in the bathroom, paint them the same color as the walls, or paint on a faux finish in complementary colors. Since you can't get rid of the pipes, make the most of them!
Ready to get started? Check out the Clean Organized Home Store for ideas and inspiration.
More in Bathrooms
About the Author
Tara Aronson is a native Californian. Having grown up in San Diego, she studied journalism and Spanish to pursue a career in newspaper writing. Tara, whose three children - Chris, Lyndsay, and Payne - are the light of her life, now lives and writes in Los Angeles. She also regularly appears on television news programs throughout the U.S.