housecleaning tips to simplify cleaning and organizing your home and family life
Santa was good this year and brought you a bunch of new, warm sweaters.
By now they've been worn a few times and need a date with the washing machine.
Already the the cashmere is beginning to pill. And how do you launder the black silk one without it getting all linty?
Most sweaters can be safely washed at home (and no, it doesn't have to be by hand.)
In fact, some sweaters fare better in the washing machine than at the cleaners.
Here's your guide to Safely Machine Washing Sweaters.
We all have leather and suede in our closets, too: skirts, vests, jackets (whether Santa brought them this year or not). And we are all scared to wear them lest they get soiled. After all, how would we clean them?
For many of us, cleaning leather garments is still one of life's mysteries. So here's a guide on How to Clean Leather that will help you keep your rawhide looking tough.
When it comes to keeping family life organized and how to clean everything from laundry stains to the busy bathroom to choosing to simplify life (and the family finances) with regular home maintenance, there's really nothing difficult about it.
You just need a plan.
Get started finding housecleaning solutions and ways to simplify life now - the tips below are organized by category:
Simply choose one and get started with solutions that work. I'm glad you're here - and I welcome your comments!
Author of "Mrs. Clean Jeans' Housekeeping With Kids" and "Simplify Your Household".
About the Author
Tara Aronson is a native Californian. Having grown up in San Diego, she studied journalism and Spanish to pursue a career in newspaper writing. Tara, whose three children - Chris, Lyndsay, and Payne - are the light of her life, now lives and writes in Los Angeles. She also regularly appears on television news programs throughout the U.S.
- Clean, Organized, Family Home Blog
- The Clean Home Blog keeps you up-to-date with all the additions and changes to the Clean-Organized-Family-Home.com Web site.
- Family Bathroom Cleaning and Organizing Tips
- The bathroom is usually the busiest, most used room in the house. Keeping it clean and organized is a daily challenge. These bathroom cleaning and organizing tips can help.
- Garage Organizing and Cleaning Tips
- By its very nature, the garage is a no man's (or no woman's) land. It isn't exactly part of the house; but it isn't outside, either. Here's how to regain control of this precious real estate.
- Easy Kitchen Organizing and Cleaning Tips
- The kitchen is the room where everyone congregates. That's one of the reasons it's the messiest rooms in the house. Here's how to get it organized.
- Coming Clean at Home
- How can you manage getting the kids off to school, working, cooking dinner, and still have a clean house? These tips can help.
- Easy Green Cleaning Tips
- Green cleaning sometimes takes a little more work. But the payoff is well worth the extra effort. Tips, strategies, and homemade cleaning products to help you keep your family safe.
- Easy Laundry and Stain Removal Tips
- Got kids? Then you've got laundry. Piles and piles of it. Here's how to navigate the stains of daily life, while protecting your clothing investment
- Organizing the Family Car
- We spend much of our lives in the car as parents. These tips will help ensure we're prepared for any bumps in the road ahead, while keeping things organized and sane (relatively) on the road.
- How to Organize Your Home
- We're keeping more inside our homes them than ever before. Organize your home and its contents with these simple tips.
- Backyard Living
- How to make the most of your backyard and garden for entertaining, family fun, and gardening.
- Easy Home Decorating
- How to make your unique home decor shine, and your personality shine through. And you won't even have to enroll in interior design school to make your unique home decor shine.
- The Family Pet
- Kids love a pet. You don’t have to be Dr. Doolittle to realize animals offer many benefits for kids. Before you bring an animal home, make sure you've considered the pros and cons.
- Taming the Family Zoo E-book
- Taming the Family Zoo E-book. Got kids? Do they want a pet? Of course they do. They're kids. Here's what you need to know before you say yes to a pet - and how to divvy up pet care after.
- Easy Home Maintenance and Repair Tips
- Prevention, in the form of home maintenance tackled throughout the year, is the best way to keep small problems from becoming big, expensive fixes.
- Safe at Home
- Easy ways to keep your home and family safe from intruders, accidents, and natural disasters.
- Simplify Family Life
- Family life presents challenges to scheduling, cleaning, and even peaceful co-existence among siblings. These simple solutions can help keep busy lives happily on track.
- Products and Tools I Use for House Cleaning
- I'm often asked about what tools I use for house cleaning, so I thought I'd create a page that lists some of the products I like and use regularly.
- House Cleaning Forum
- Do you have a house cleaning question? Or have you discovered a great cleaning or organizing method?