housecleaning with kids
cleaning tips and tricks and household routines that work with less work from you.
Central to my housekeeping strategy is organizing the entire house - room by room - around the needs of every member of the family.
After all, the reason most homes look war-torn is because rooms haven't been set up for daily living by parents and kids.
The cleaning tips and tricks you'll find here will help you not only gain control of your home and keep it running smoothly, but it also shows you how to enlist everyone in home in the campaign.
From carpet cleaning tips and easy ways to declutter your home to creating a house cleaning schedule that actually works for your family, you'll find the housecleaning tips and solutions you need here.
The result: busy parents like you and me become less cranky (because we're not doing all the house cleaning ourselves - yay!) and the family will have a clean, happy, harmonious home to enjoy.
Let's get started!
why involve the family in housecleaning?
When you involve everyone in the family in the quest for a clean home, you'll find there will be room for every drawing, school paper, and test that arrives each day - and even the littlest family member will know where that is.
The wild carpool routine will be tamed, the family plan for buffing surfaces will be in place, and surprise visits from friends won't be dreaded, and even the most domestically challenged will be ready in a flash to host unexpected friends and family overnight.
The point is: No Mom (or Dad) should be an island. Unless parents have a battle plan designed to guide the troops through the minefield of daily life, they can't expect to survive the pre-college years with their sanity it.
Then once they devise their battle plan, it shouldn't be top secret! The plan should be posted so everyone is in sync with what needs to be done when.
Start finding housecleaning solutions and ways to simplify life now by choosing a category:
I'm glad you're here - and I welcome your comments!
About the Author
Tara Aronson is a native Californian. Having grown up in San Diego, she studied journalism and Spanish to pursue a career in newspaper writing. Tara, whose three children - Chris, Lyndsay, and Payne - are the light of her life, now lives and writes in Los Angeles. She also regularly appears on television news programs throughout the U.S.
- Clean, Organized, Family Home Blog
- The Clean Home Blog keeps you up-to-date with all the additions and changes to the Clean-Organized-Family-Home.com Web site.
- Family Bathroom Cleaning and Organizing Tips
- The bathroom is usually the busiest, most used room in the house. Keeping it clean and organized is a daily challenge. These bathroom cleaning and organizing tips can help.
- Garage Organizing and Cleaning Tips
- By its very nature, the garage is a no man's (or no woman's) land. It isn't exactly part of the house; but it isn't outside, either. Here's how to regain control of this precious real estate.
- Easy Kitchen Organizing and Cleaning Tips
- The kitchen is the room where everyone congregates. That's one of the reasons it's the messiest rooms in the house. Here's how to get it organized.
- Coming Clean at Home
- How can you manage getting the kids off to school, working, cooking dinner, and still have a clean house? These tips can help.
- Easy Green Cleaning Tips
- Green cleaning sometimes takes a little more work. But the payoff is well worth the extra effort. Tips, strategies, and homemade cleaning products to help you keep your family safe.
- Easy Laundry and Stain Removal Tips
- Got kids? Then you've got laundry. Piles and piles of it. Here's how to navigate the stains of daily life, while protecting your clothing investment
- Organizing the Family Car
- We spend much of our lives in the car as parents. These tips will help ensure we're prepared for any bumps in the road ahead, while keeping things organized and sane (relatively) on the road.
- How to Organize Your Home
- We're keeping more inside our homes them than ever before. Organize your home and its contents with these simple tips.
- Backyard Living
- How to make the most of your backyard and garden for entertaining, family fun, and gardening.
- Easy Home Decorating
- How to make your unique home decor shine, and your personality shine through. And you won't even have to enroll in interior design school to make your unique home decor shine.
- The Family Pet
- Kids love a pet. You don’t have to be Dr. Doolittle to realize animals offer many benefits for kids. Before you bring an animal home, make sure you've considered the pros and cons.
- Taming the Family Zoo E-book
- Taming the Family Zoo E-book. Got kids? Do they want a pet? Of course they do. They're kids. Here's what you need to know before you say yes to a pet - and how to divvy up pet care after.
- Easy Home Maintenance and Repair Tips
- Prevention, in the form of home maintenance tackled throughout the year, is the best way to keep small problems from becoming big, expensive fixes.
- Safe at Home
- Easy ways to keep your home and family safe from intruders, accidents, and natural disasters.
- Simplify Family Life
- Family life presents challenges to scheduling, cleaning, and even peaceful co-existence among siblings. These simple solutions can help keep busy lives happily on track.
- Products and Tools I Use for House Cleaning
- I'm often asked about what tools I use for house cleaning, so I thought I'd create a page that lists some of the products I like and use regularly.
- House Cleaning Forum
- Do you have a house cleaning question? Or have you discovered a great cleaning or organizing method?