monthly house chores for kids
Your family's monthly house chores list is sure to be very different from my family's list.
Your list will differ depending on so many factors, such as how many kids you have and how old they are, the layout of your home, whether or not you have pets, where you live, how much (or how little) your family is home, and how meticulous you and the family intend to be with your housekeeping routine.
monthly house chores for ages 3 to 5:
- Sweep the garage floor with a push broom.
chores for ages 6 to 9:
- Wipe smudges from walls and doors.
chores for ages 10 to 13:
- Wash out kitchen trash container and surrounding area
- Clean leather furniture with a soft cloth
- Wipe off the car's dashboard and upholstery
chores for ages 14 to 17:
- Disinfect the sink and drain
- Sew on buttons and mend torn clothes.
Get a room-by-room age appropriate guide to kids chores here.
Visit the Clean Organized Home Store for the monthly cleaning products and tools needed to get the dirty jobs done right - and fast!
About the Author
Tara Aronson is a native Californian. Having grown up in San Diego, she studied journalism and Spanish to pursue a career in newspaper writing. Tara, whose three children - Chris, Lyndsay, and Payne - are the light of her life, now lives and writes in Los Angeles. She also regularly appears on television news programs throughout the U.S.