living room chores for kids
Your living room will be spotless faster once you enlist the kids help in keeping it clean and organized.
Well, at least a little bit faster than if you did all the household chores yourself.
Here's a guide to age appropriate living room chores for kids.
Once a child reaches a certain skill or age level, he can generally do the tasks for his age group and those below.
living room chores for ages 2 and under:
- Put toys in bins or drawers
- Help pick up stray books and magazines
- Turn off the TV if button is within reach.
chores for ages 3 to 5:
- Put away toys and games and all their pieces in the proper boxes or bins
- Return books to bookshelves
- Sponge down the play table
- Wash or spot-clean baseboards
chores for ages 6 to 9:
- Shake area rugs, depending on size
- Empty and wipe wastebaskets clean, using disinfecting wipes
- Dust furniture and shelves
- Vacuum, with help depending on the machine's height and weight
- Wipe smudges from walls and doors
- Take indoor plants outdoors for a gentle washing.
chores for ages 10 to 13:
- Clean telephones, computer and TV screens, video-game controllers, and remote controls
- Vacuum floors and carpets
- Disinfect light switches and doorknobs
- Wipe leather furniture clean with a soft cloth
chores for ages 14 to 17:
- Clean and polish wood furniture
- Dust and vacuum corners and crevices from high point to low
- Vacuum floors and carpets and move furniture to clean underneath.