Easy Money Saving Ideas
Easy money saving ideas. We all want to reduce our monthly bottom line. After all, keeping a household up and running can cost a bundle. The best ways to save money are those that reduce the cost of items we've already budgeted for.
If you consult this list before buying supplies or turning on power-hungry appliances, you'll be saving money on the items and services that directly affect your financial bottom line. These easy money saving ideas can help.
Easy money saving ideas for grocery shopping:
- Purchase only what you need now
- Download or clip - and use - coupons
- Purchase laundry products with boosters, such as color-safe bleach
How to Save Money on Storage and Organization
- Use baskets and ceramic mugs as catchalls for odds and ends. Easy organizing fix; no cost.
Easy Money Saving Ideas For Energy Bills
- Turn off lights in unoccupied rooms
- Lower the thermostat to 68 degrees F (20 degrees C) in winter; raise it to 78 degrees F (26 degrees C) in summer
- Lower your water heater's setting to 120 degrees F (49 degrees C)
- Use your microwave instead of the conventional oven for reheating
- Choose the smallest pan for the job, matching pan size to burner size for energy savings
- Turn off electric burners shortly before the end of the allotted cooking time
- Preheat your oven only if the recipe you're using calls for it
- Use a pressure cooker when you're making soups and stews
- Cover water that you've set to boil
- Run appliances at night or on weekends when rates are lower
- Use your dishwasher's Light Wash cycle for lightly soiled dishes
- Choose the dishwasher's cool dry setting instead of hot dry