garage kids chores by age
Here's a guide to which chores kids can do to care for and clean up the garage.
Once a child reaches an individual skill or age level, he can generally do the chores for his age group and those for the age groups below.
Of course, some of these chores need to be done each day, others once a week, and still others, once a month or even less frequently.
Use your best judgment for which garage kids chores get done when.
Garage Kids Chores for Ages 2 and Under:
- Put toys in bins or drawers
- Pick up wrappers and small trash
Kids Chores for Ages 3 to 5:
- Put toys and games (and all their pieces) in the proper boxes and bins
- Help prepare papers for recycling
- Sweep the garage floor with a push broom
Kids Chores for Ages 6 to 9:
- Empty and wipe wastebaskets clean, using disinfecting wipes
- Prepare recyclables for pickup
Kids Chores for Ages 10 to 13:
- Disinfect light switches and doorknobs
- Take trash and recycling containers to the curb
- Wipe clean the car's dashboard and upholstery
- Wash screens and mini blinds
- Wash windows and wipe light fixtures
Kids Chores for Ages 13 to 17:
- Wash the car's undercarriage (each spring)