Pet Chores For Kids By Age
Pet chores for kids by age. When it comes to pet chores, at what age can a child be realistically expected to clean the cat litter box and help with other pet care essentials?
Wash the dog? Help give pets vitamins or medications from the vet?
Below are examples of pet chores that kids can generally do by certain ages. Your child may be capable of doing a pet care chore sooner or later, depending on his or her level of concentration, fine-motor skills, or maturity.
Pet Chores for Kids Age 2 and Under:
- Play (supervised) with pets.
Pet Chores For Kids Age 3 to 5:
- Put pet toys in the proper boxes or bins.
Pet Chores For Kids Age 6 to 9:
- Put out the animal's food.
- Wipe up spills and kibble from the floor.
- Help clean the pet cage and litter box.
Pet Chores For Kids Age 10 to 13:
- Clean fish/reptile aquarium.
- Help give medications or vitamins from the vet.
Pet Chores For Kids Age 14 to 17:
- Scoop and clean out the litter box.
- Deal with pet waste, such as picking up the dog's poop (in dog waste bags, of course).