Kitchen Cleaning With Kids
At what age can a child set and clear the table? When can a kid take out the garbage?
Kitchen patrol isn't anyone's favorite chore, but it beats cleaning the bathroom hands-down. You could always give your kids the option of scrubbing the toilet if they're not in the mood to rinse dishes and put them in the dishwasher.
This quick guide to kitchen cleaning with kids will help you divvy up the KP chores.
Once a child reaches a certain skill or age level, he can generally do the chores for his age group and those for the age groups below. Of course, some of these chores need to be done each day, others once a week, and still others once a month or even less frequently.
Kitchen Cleaning With Kids: Chores for Ages 2 and Under
- Close cabinet doors and drawers
Chores for Kids Ages 3 to 5:
- Place dirty dishes on the kitchen counter
- Sponge down the play table
- Help unload the dishwasher
Chores for Kids Ages 6 to 9:
- Do simple cooking tasks such as rinsing vegetables
- Put dishes into the dishwasher
- Wipe kitchen table, chairs, high chair, counters, and cooktop or range
- Wipe down the interior of the microwave
- Sweep or vacuum kitchen floor and damp-mop any spills
- Empty and wipe wastebaskets clean, using disinfecting wipes
Kitchen Cleaning with Kids Ages 10 to 13:
- Disinfect kitchen countertops
Chores for Teens Ages 14 to 17:
- Clean coffeemaker thoroughly
You might like these:
\When doing laundry with kids, you'll need to go over the laundry basics to prep them for the dirty jobs ahead. These tips and strategies can help.
A simple guide to age appropriate daily kids chores that you can reasonably expect your child to help out with.
A list of weekly kids chores and the age at which a child can reasonably be expected to complete them.
Here's a guide to which living room chores kids can do at what ages. Once a child reaches a certain skill or age level, he can generally do the chores for his group and those for the age groups below.
At what age can a child set and clear the kitchen table? When can a kid take out the garbage? Here is a guide to age appropriate kitchen chores for kids.
You want household chores to be shared by everyone in the family. But are you sabotaging those beginner efforts instead of encouraging them?
Each week, or at least once a month, clean your car's dashboard and doors. But plan to do your car cleaning with kids! They did help muck it up, after all.
Car chores for kids are a natural. They do help muck up the family ride, after all. So why shouldn't they help clean it?
Enjoy this page? Please pay it forward. Here's how...
Would you prefer to share this page with others by linking to it?
- Click on the HTML link code below.
- Copy and paste it, adding a note of your own, into your blog, a Web page, forums, a blog comment, your Facebook account, or anywhere that someone would find this page valuable.