how to remove carpet pet stains
It's inevitable. Even the best pet makes a mess sometimes. Below are the tips and techniques you'll need to remove pet urine and feces stains and odor from your carpet.
how to remove carpet urine stains.
Carpet cleaning is most often successful when you attack stains - especially pet stains - while they're still fresh.
- Start by soaking up the excess liquid on your carpet. Use a white rag or white paper towels.
- Blot on a solution of one-quarter teaspoon of mild liquid laundry detergent and one cup of warm water. Use white paper towels (print towels could transfer ink to your carpet) or a clean rag. Repeat until there is no more of the pet stain transferring to your paper towel or rag.
- Now, blot the stained area with a solution of one cup white vinegar to two cups water. Use this step to remove stubborn stains or odors.
- Once you can no longer see the carpet stain, rinse the solution from the carpet. Again use paper towels or a clean rag, blotting clear water on the stained area to gently rinse the cleaners from the fabric pile.
Rocco & Roxie Professional Strength Stain & Odor Eliminator
- Cover the treated area with several layers of paper towels to absorb any remaining moisture. Weigh the paper towels down with a heavy, non-fading object. Continue changing the paper towels
until the carpet is dry.
is one of the most effective treatments for removing dog and cat urine stains and odors. Give it a try if you need professional power to remove really stubborn stains and odors.
how to remove carpet pet stains from... the party pooper.
No one said carpet cleaning solutions for pet stains would be pleasant, right? But if it can get rid of the smelly problem, it might just be worth it.
So here we go:
- Gently scoop up excess - um, pet material - with a spoon or spatula. Deposit into a bag that you can immediately take outside.
- Blot the pet stained area with the vinegar solution above. Allow
the solution to soak on the stained area for several minutes.
- Blot and repeat until the pet stain is removed. Rinse with cold water. Blot dry.
- Baking soda works well as a pet odor eliminator.
- To remove lingering carpet pet odors, sprinkle baking soda on the spot. Let it sit overnight, and then
This might also
be a great time to consider the benefits of a good pet trainer.
Finally, make sure that you're doing all pet clean ups safely to prevent zoonotic diseases.