Home money saving ideas
We all want money saving ideas to help reduce our monthly bottom line.
After all, keeping a household up and running can cost a bundle. The best ways to save money are those that reduce the cost of items we've already budgeted for.
If you consult this list before buying supplies or turning on power-hungry appliances, you can save a pile of cash on the items and services that directly affect your financial bottom line.
money saving ideas for grocery shopping.
- Purchase only what you need.
- Download or clip - and use - coupons.
- Purchase laundry products with boosters, such as color-safe bleach.
money saving ideas for storage and organization.
- Use baskets and ceramic mugs as catchalls for odds and ends.
how to save on your energy bills.
- Turn off all unnecessary lights.
- Lower the thermostat to 68 degrees F (20 degrees C) in winter; raise it to 78 degrees F (26 degrees C) in summer.
- Lower your water heater's setting to 120 degrees F (49 degrees C).
- Use your microwave instead of the conventional oven for reheating.
- Choose the smallest pan for the job.
- Turn off electric burners shortly before the end of the allotted cooking time.
- Preheat your oven only if the recipe you're using calls for it.
- Use a pressure cooker when you're making soups and stews.
- Cover water that you've set to boil.
- Run appliances at night or on weekends when rates are lower.
- Use your dishwasher's Light Wash cycle for lightly soiled dishes.
- Choose the dishwasher's Cool Dry setting instead of Hot Dry.