Cleaning Tile Floors
Cleaning tile floors is relatively simple, by design.
To make glazed tile, manufacturers fuse liquid glass to ceramic tile at high temperatures. This creates a hard, nonporous surface.
There are many advantages to a tile floor as a result: It doesn't stain, scratch, or burn easily; and it's easy to clean tile if you use the right cleaners and tools.
Here's what you need to know about cleaning tile floors to keep them looking their best.
Cleaning Tile Floors Safely
Regularly vacuum and damp-mop your tile floor, and clean tile floors of spills immediately.
When deep cleaning tile floors, use a neutral-pH cleaner without surfactants (which can leave a residue on tile floors) such as Armstrong Once 'N Done Concentrated floor cleaner,
for tough grease-cutting action. Make sure your cleaner has a built-in reinforcing sealer.
The Dos and Don'ts of Tile Floor Cleaning
- Vacuum and/or sweep regularly.
- Avoid abrasive powders that can scratch the tile.
- Avoid ammonia-based cleaners.
- Clean a tile floor with a nylon scrub sponge using nonabrasive cleaner and water, and then rinse.
- Never use wax or a sealant on tile floors.
- Clean tile grout by scrubbing with detergent, and then apply a diluted solution of chlorine bleach and let sit for five minutes. Then wash again and rinse.
If you clean tile floors clean without causing scratches, this kitchen or bathroom flooring can last you and the family for decades - and still look shiny and new.
You Might Like These
If your marble's looking a bit lackluster, chances are it's begging for a cleaning. These marble cleaning tips can help.
Brick is one of the most lovely design accents a home can have. Whether indoor or out, however, it gets dirty. Really dirty. Here are 3 ways to clean brick.
Washing curtains, drapes, and other window treatments at home is a relatively easy and cost-effective solution. These cleaning tips can help get the job done.
A house cleaning timetable of chores to tackle daily, weekly, monthly, and annually - and when to do them.
Seasonal allergies can reduce kids - and adults - to a sniffling, sneezing, uncomfortable mess. This room-by-room allergy relief cleaning guide can help.
Science can't explain it, but soft drinks, crumbs, and coffee are attracted to computer keyboards like magnets. These tips for a clean computer can help.
How do you clean cloudy glass? The answer begins with understanding what causes glasses to become cloudy. These tips can help clean cloudy glass and restore its former lustre.
If, despite all of your planning and motivating efforts, your kids don't get the job done, be ready with natural consequences for kids. Here are easy examples.
Enjoy this page? Please pay it forward. Here's how...
Would you prefer to share this page with others by linking to it?
- Click on the HTML link code below.
- Copy and paste it, adding a note of your own, into your blog, a Web page, forums, a blog comment, your Facebook account, or anywhere that someone would find this page valuable.